Perthshire Open Studios comes to GLS, John Kyd Hall, Strathtay.
Local art work, and crafts are on display and available to purchase.
Come along and support this fantastic event.
Exhibitions open daily from 1st-9th September 2018 with teas and home baking each day.
Saturday 15th September sees the folk group from Cambuslang, “Piggery Brae” make an appearance at Mid-Atholl Hall, Ballinluig, 7.30pm.
This musical evening will provide good quality Scottish folk music, a bit of banter and a lot of fun.
Tickets cost £5.00, including tea and are available through Margaret Ross, or get in touch with any church Elder.
08 May 2018 19:00 for a 19:30 start John Kyd Hall (beside Strathtay Church)
GLS Quilters invited all to come and meet with Sheila Gordon, Crossreach Children and Families services representative, as she received quilts, from GLS, for children who need a hug.
- Sponsored Walk Sunday, 17th June 2018 in the afternoon
St Mary’s Service – Sunday, the 27th July
- Bric-a-Brac Auction. Saturday 24th March 2018
- Venue: Mid Atholl Hall, Ballinluig
Saturday 10th February 2018 St. Valentines Coffee Morning (Pancake race) John Kyd Hall Strathtay church 10:30 am, this was a successful and well attended event. Congratulations to all those that took part in our first GLS Pancake race!
Saturday 25th November: National Day of Prayer
GLS Church held it’s Day of Prayer at Logierait and then at Strathtay today. Those in attendance shared a quiet reflective time of prayer yet collectively acting as one Church of Scotland. For further details about this national day of prayer please visit our events page.
Sunday 26th November: Communion, Logierait Church, 10am
Wednesday 29th November: Dull & Weem Church Guild Coffee Morning to be held in Aberfeldy Church Centre, 10am-12noon.
Thursday 30th November: Board/session meeting John Kyd Hall, 7pm.
- Sunday 12th November 2017: Logierait Church. Remembrance Day Service conducted by Rev. Neil Glover.
- 10:00 Ballinluig War Memorial. Followed by Church Service at 10:30 Logierait.
- 12:00 A short service of remembrance at Strathtay War Memorial.
- Sunday 22nd October 2017: GLS Church Service: Strathtay Church at 10:00 am. This is a Harvest Thanksgiving Service, food donations were sent to the local FoodBank.Many thanks to all whom donatedThursday 26th October 2017: Induction of Rev. Neil Glover to the Presbytery of Dunkeld and Meigle ‘West’. Rev. Glover became the Minister for the Linkage of Aberfeldy, Dull & Weem and Grantully, Logierait and Strathtay. Induction service took place in Aberfeldy Church at 6.30pm.
- Sunday 3rd September, Logierait Church, 09.30 am. Service took place where Rev Neil Glover preached as sole nominee for our newly linked charge. This short video was created to highlight the event and change of Church Service time for the day.
Voting took place after the service and Rev. Glover was successful and subsequently invited to take the vacant position.
- Open Studios- John Kyd Hall, Strathtay 2nd – 10th September 2017.
- Another successful event, thanks to all contributors, volunteers and members of the public.
- July 2017: The annual church service at St Mary’s was well attended with standing room only. It was led by Rev Harry Mowbray, Interim Moderator of Aberfeldy, Weem & Grandtully, Logierait and Strathtay, with Rev Peggy Ewart Robertson, Moderator of Dunkeld and Meigle. Singing was led by John Duff. Thanks go to the visitors, hosts and local Church members who attended and supported, in any way, to make this “the special” service it has become.