SERVICES ON SUNDAY 05 December 2021
Your essential service information for this week is as follows
Dull and Weem – 9.30am – Margaret Yearsley
GLS –11.15am – Isi Watt
Aberfeldy – 10:30am – Angus Macdonald
Zoom – Logierait – 10:30am
(Rm 920 598 9200, pwd 316316 https://us02web.zoom.us/j/9205989200)
Update from Church of Scotland – COVID -19 advice
Church Buildings – Heating and Ventilation
We are now allowed to have the heating on in our church buildings when the building is occupied. We are required to provide adequate ventilation before and after use.
We are still required to wear a mask in all our church buildings and halls.
Prof. Jason Leach has produced a video explaining the reasons why this is necessary. You can be access this through the Church of Scotland Website – News and Events
NO LONGER A NEED TO RESERVE A SEAT – PLEASE JUST COME ALONG JOIN IN OUR WORSHIP at GLS or join us online
10:30am Zoom (Room 920 598 9200, password 316316 https://us02web.zoom.us/j/9205989200)
A few things to remember for life in this part of the lockdown:
– Please, if you can, take your smartphone to Church, and you can check in using the QR code
– hymns books and hymn sheets will be made available, or you can bring your own,
– We sing albeit through masks (the sound has been pretty good considering)
– And as ever, if you have any COVID symptoms please (and I hate saying this!) don’t come along to physically gathered worship, but join via zoom, YouTube, Dial In
– It’s 1m distancing
– Children are of course welcome, but we haven’t yet got specific programs for young people
– No coffee or teas yet (alas). We continue to keep abreast of the current guidelines from the Church of Scotland
Sunday Club activities
Our Sunday Club remains online-
our opening link for today: God Nature and Climate change, for further activities
see our Sunday Club Page
Sunday 05 December 2021
Sunday Club and Grown-ups Activities for Sunday 05 December 2021
Do you have a Bauble picture then please send in
See the Guild page for a letter from the convener
gift from and to the Parish….
“Poems from the Parish” is a Poetry Book put together by members of GLS Church as an exercise in corporate engagement with our church family and is designed to be a fundraiser for the work of our congregation.
If you are interested in owning your own copy, please contact us via the website email address here or contact a Church elder.
The cost of the book is by donation and entirely voluntary. Each book contains guidance on how this can be done.
Information from Church of Scotland
Best hygiene practice should continue to be observed in all pastoral contacts.
Updated advice is available from NHS Scotland.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitiser that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available
- Churches can underline the importance of hand washing by ensuring that hand sanitisers are not available in toilets where soap and water can be used
- It is particularly important after taking public transport to use sanitiser on your hands
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
- Carry tissues to catch coughs and sneezes and bin the tissue
- If you feel unwell, stay at home, do not attend work or school
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces in church buildings
Information from A Calder, Clerk to the Session, GLS Church. 14/03/2020
Minister: GLS, Aberfeldy, Dull & Weem Rev. N Glover
Contact Details: Minister-NGlover@churchofscotland.org.uk
PA to NGlover- Judy Ewer, contact:
firstname.lastname@example.org or 07836 565 528
Session Clerk GLS Andrew Calder, 01887 840209
Access to Logierait Church- Stewart Sherriffs, 07730848820
Important Dates for the diaries: please see events page.
“Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved- you and your family”. Acts 16 v31
Join us each Sunday and you will find a warm welcome.
for any assistance please contact Judy Ewer
Minister: Rev Neil Glover
Church email:- email@example.com
Judy Ewer, PA to Neil Glover, firstname.lastname@example.org Mobile 07836 565 528
For urgent pastoral matters please contact:- the above
Grantully, Logierait & Strathtay Parish Church of Scotland Charity Number SC 004275
Please Note that although the dates and times featured on this website are correct at the time of publication, they may be subject to change