Aberfeldy Parish Church We have prayed for, and would love to have, someone who will help us to discover God’s plans to grow His Kingdom in this locality and who feels His calling to this charge.
Further details can be found on the church website but current provision encompasses:
• Award-winning ‘Breathe’ youth work involving 137 individuals in 8 different activities with a dedicated and experienced youthworker
• ‘Youth on a mission’ international volunteering
• An established, growing and far reaching CAP (Christians Against Poverty) Debt Centre with a manager and volunteer network working in partnership with APC
• Popular monthly ‘Food and Friendship’ lunches
• Alpha, Discipleship Explored, Youth Alpha, Christianity Explored courses
Members of APC are also involved in developing and sharing their faith, and in many cases providing leadership, in a wide variety of other activities including:
• Heartland Healing Rooms ministering in partnership with people from other churches
• Active charitable involvement in Africa and elsewhere
• ‘Wee Books’, • Quilting group,
• The Workshop (social enterprise)
• Well attended Children’s Activity Days
Internal ministry and fellowship Existing provision includes:
• Weekly prayer meetings and post-service prayer ministry
• Young people’s Sunday club
• Choir, singing and worship practices
• Monthly men’s breakfast
• Tours (Prague-Feb.’17; Israel- Autumn’17, organised by members of APC)
• Weekly young people’s Bible study groups
• Monthly Youth services – led by young people and the Y-Band (Youth Praise band)
During the vacancy there has been significant preaching input from a number of members of the congregation, including a retired minister and OLMs.
There are excellent A/V facilities (including an installed projector and full sound system), a praise band and choir. Evening services are held every week, with regular special praise evenings and, once a month, there is a youth service led by young people and the Y-Band (our youth praise band). Communion is celebrated monthly.
Current organisational structures
Aberfeldy Session meets 6-7 times a year. Sub-groups are responsible for different aspects of the church life: worship, outreach, prayer, maintenance, finances and fellowship. Aberfeldy has a Unitary Constitution.
Regular Worshipers 60-80
Kirk Session 13
For more Information, click on the link below.